Why become a member? ×

Thru-necked Rickenfaker <<Gone To Italy!>>

phil_the_bassist

My [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Giannini-Japanese-Replica-Vintage-70s-Bass-Guitar_W0QQitemZ320337447809"]Rickenfaker[/url] is going, and I thought you guys might like the heads-up (if you haven't already seen the links in the Ebay Rickenfakers thread!)

It's a Giannini thru-neck: great Riccy tone, and NOW BOTH OUTPUTS ARE WORKING!! FULL STEREO, BABY! WOOT! ;)

[attachment=19814:HR_back_of_head.jpg]
[attachment=19815:HR_body.jpg]
[attachment=19816:HR_front_2.jpg]
[attachment=19817:HR_front_head.jpg]
[attachment=19818:HR_Inlay_2.jpg]
[attachment=19819:HRback.jpg]
[attachment=19824:ric_ding_1.jpg]
[attachment=19820:ric_ding_2.jpg]
[attachment=19821:ric_ding_3.jpg]
[attachment=19822:ric_duel_outputs.jpg]
[attachment=19823:ric_profile.jpg]

Any questions, gimme a shout!

Edited by phil_the_bassist

Considering recent Rick copy prices (£560 for a bolt-neck plywood Korean Hondo!) this is a very, very good price for a high-quality Brazilian-made instrument. I hope people aren't being put off by the fact it isn't JapCrap - Giannini has over a century of guitar-building history & is very well-respected these days for high-end acoustics. I'd have every confidence this bass is easily the match of any of its JapCrap equivalents.

Jon.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='404631' date='Feb 9 2009, 06:41 PM']Considering recent Rick copy prices (£560 for a bolt-neck plywood Korean Hondo!) this is a very, very good price for a high-quality Brazilian-made instrument. I hope people aren't being put off by the fact it isn't JapCrap - Giannini has over a century of guitar-building history & is very well-respected these days for high-end acoustics. I'd have every confidence this bass is easily the match of any of its JapCrap equivalents.

Jon.[/quote]

Thanks for the glowing appraisal! Its a great bass, and I'm gutted that my current finances mean I have to sell it!

Guys, grab yourself a rare ric rep, you know you wanna!

[quote name='josh3184' post='404657' date='Feb 9 2009, 07:07 PM']if it was lefty etc etc... :P[/quote]

lol! if you play it infront of a mirror mebby...? ;)

[quote name='Bassassin' post='404631' date='Feb 9 2009, 06:41 PM']Considering recent Rick copy prices (£560 for a bolt-neck plywood Korean Hondo!) this is a very, very good price for a high-quality Brazilian-made instrument. I hope people aren't being put off by the fact it isn't JapCrap - Giannini has over a century of guitar-building history & is very well-respected these days for high-end acoustics. I'd have every confidence this bass is easily the match of any of its JapCrap equivalents.

Jon.[/quote]

+1 , Good price - verging on investment.
Anyone seen how much those decent Ibanez & Maya 'Fakers went for recently?!